Pool Resurfacing and Replastering
Pool Resurfacing Procedure
- Pool will be drained with a service pump
- Ground water and hydrostatic pressure will be released through the hydrostatic valve in the main drain, dewatering system or potentially the shell of the pool itself.
- Tile will be undercut and the existing plaster will be chiseled down to ensure a smooth tie in.
- To ensure a smooth finish, fittings, lights and drains will be chipped around and sealed with hydraulic cement to mitigate future leaking.
- The surface will be sounded for hollow spots and removed with a chipping hammer or similar means.
- An acid wash is applied to remove staining and organic material.
- Bond-kote is then applied to the entire surface. This material creates a bond between the existing material and the new plaster.
CALL FOR CONSULTATION: Gulfport & Hattiesburg, MS (228-263-4525), Daphne, Spanish Fort, Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL (251-929-8990), and Gulf Breeze & Navarre FL ( 850-530-1901) and neighboring cities.
- New frames and grates are installed for the main drains with anti-vortex VGB covers.
- Plaster is then applied with a series of coats to even out the material and then hand troweled, bringing the thickness to approximately 3/8 inch.
- Excess material will be removed with various methods using brushes and water.
- The surface will then be acid washed to expose the aggregate surface.
- The pool will then be re-filled. This stage should not be interrupted and may take several days to fill depending on the water pressure on the home.
- The water should be shut-off when the level is half-way up the waterline tile. Please do not allow any swimming until the gunite pool is full. Also, please do not turn on any lights until the water is at the appropriate height.
- We will start the chemicals back up per the manufacturer and geographical recommendations.
- We recommend brushing the pool daily for the following two weeks for the best results.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy your backyard oasis.
Pool equipment repair is one of our specialties. We'll make sure your swimming pool is up and running as soon as possible. Give us a call at the below numbers or fill out the form for more information.
We service Gulfport & Hattiesburg MS (CALL 228-263-4525).
Daphne, Spanish Fort, Fairhope & Orange Beach AL (CALL 251-929-8990).
Gulf Breeze & Navarre FL (CALL 850-530-1901).